Come Unto me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
kattaddorra

Come Unto me

Post by kattaddorra » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 am

Hello, I've just joined this forum after searching the internet for a CD/cassette I'm longing to have again, which was lost when we moved house 9 years ago. It's a problem as I can't remember the name of the 2 sisters who sang the beautiful songs on it,one had a guitar too.They had been newly converted to Christianity and wanted to share their joy.
All the words of the hymns/songs were adapted from the Bible,this is what I can remember of them:
1.Come unto me,all who are heavy laden, come unto me and I will give you rest. Lay your yoke upon me and lean on me........and you will find rest, unto your soul........you haven't chosen me beloved, I have chosen you and ordained you to go and bring forth fruit.
2.Peace to your soul, peace like a river ......river of Jordan deep and wide, all my transgressions washed in the tide.
It's a long shot I know but does it ring a bell with anyone.
Thank you so much.
Ruth
kattaddorra

Come Unto me

Post by kattaddorra » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:01 pm

Part of another song goes something like 'I love I love my Master'
But I think it's going to be impossible to find without remembering who the singers were.
Ruth