part the waters

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

part the waters

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:21 am

Charles F. Brown wrote the song. It was in octavo form and also was in the collection, "Part the Waters," which was a wonderful collection of songs. It was published by WORD MUSIC.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:52 am

I remember this song from the late 70's as sung by Larnelle Harris from an album titled More . Still my favorite song to sing during the day . God does still the raging storms in me .

part the waters

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:50 am

I'm still overwhelmed and in awe of how God has continued to use this song. It was written (I thought) for a specific situation within a specific family in our church--a one-time chance to pass on the assurance of His care to some friends in need. Knowing how people tend to believe anything they hear in a song, had I known how far-reaching its circulation would ultimately be, I probably would have been afraid to allow its publication. Now, all these years later, I realize that it was simply my lack of trusting the wisdom of God. In my own mind, I long ago stopped thinking of myself as the writer and began to understand that I was simply one chosen and blessed to be the messenger.--Charles F. Brown

part the waters

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:51 am

Thank you Charles F. Brown! This song has been meaningful to me. I first heard it as a teenager and the lyrics have come to mind throughout my life. Very healing...with the power of the Spirit!

part the waters

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:19 pm

I too have been very much affected and touched by this song in my teens. I was in India studying an undergraduate in Delhi when i heard this song at my friends' place. I may have heard it five or six times. But I continued to sing this song even to my children. They too are touched my this song. It has ministered to me and my family in our storms. I do wish I could hear the voice of the lady who sang it.... Now, at age 52, I came searching for the lyrics, so I can sing to my Pastor's wife who is sick. -- Gissy Jacob

part the waters

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:47 pm

This song was made popular in the 1970's by Evie Touquist?? not sure of last name spelling. I have the LP and play it from time to time. It helps me remember that there is someone who is control of the big picture. I would point you to God. Talked to Him lately? Try it! He will not wave a magic wand and make all the hurts and losses go away but he is with us all the time. The things we face that are so difficult He knew from the time of our inception what was ahead of us! It is called faith that five letter word that carries us when there is no one else in the world who knows us so well. He knows all -- controls all. But I must say as I stand today I don't know how to even look up or hand it all over to Him but He is leading me or carrying me some how from day to day. Sometimes we face impossible odds and don't know how to get back up so when we don't all we can do is say here I am God, I am alone and I have lost it all I can't face this alone so just remember me and somehow get me through and He does. Maybe through tremendous sorry but He is there even then. "When peace like a river attendeth my way when sorrows like sea billows roll, Whatever my plight ( or lot) though hast taught me to say It is well It is well with my soul!"

part the waters

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:15 pm

This song by Evie Tornquist-Karlsson is on You Tube with some other songs recorded by Evie in the 1970-80's. It also has her performances with husband Paul Karlsson. Also newer performance of singing her oldies but goodies!

part the waters

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Ken Medema wrote it.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Can you please give the complete guitar chords of Part the Waters by Evie??...I really like the song...thanks in advance, God Bless...

part the waters

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Evie Turnquist (Last name spelling?) sang the song originally.