lyrics to there's something about that name & reading in between

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
tiadiana47

Post by tiadiana47 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:17 am

i would like the reading done by gloria gaither in betwen the verses of "there's something about that name"
malachi456

Post by malachi456 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 am

Jesus....
The mere mention of His name can calm the storm, heal the broken, raise the dead.
At the name of Jesus, I've seen sin hardened men melted, derelicts transformed.
The lights of hope put in the eyes of a hopeless child.
At the name of Jesus, hatred and bitterness turn to love and forgiveness, arguments cease.
I've heard a mother softly breathe His name at the bedside of a child delirious from fever,
and watched... as that little body grew quiet, and fevered brow cooled.
I've sat the side of a dying saint. Her body wracked with pain, who in those final fleeting seconds summoned her last ounce of ebbing strenghth, just to whisper Earth's sweetest name.
Jesus...Jesus....
Emperors have tried to destroy it.
Philosophies have tried to stamp it out.
Tyrannts have tried to wash it from the face of the Earth with the very blood of those who claimed it. Yet it still stands.
And there shall be that final day when every voice that has ever uttered a sound , every voice of Adam's race, shall raise in one mightly chorus to proclaim the name of Jesus.
For in that day, every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess, that Jesus Christ is truly Lord.
You see, it was not by mere chance that caused the angel one night, long ago to say to a virgin maiden: His name, His name shall be called Jesus....Jesus....Jesus.....
Yes there is something, something about that name........
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:54 am

Note that there's the main thread about this song can be found here.

http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... topic&t=10

God bless,
Steve