"When You Come to the End of a Perfect Day'

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
borlac

Post by borlac » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:07 pm

I agree with each of you: this song is absolutely beautiful! Mahalia Jackson delivers a very heartfelt rendition on the video/DVD entitled "Mahalia Jackson Sings: Volume 2."
mojo

Post by mojo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I managed to download the music for this piece of music. I have sung it in 3pt harmony and it is really beautiful. Nevertheless, the music is solo.

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/metsnav ... 3/METADATA

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:26 am

This song is absolutely beautiful. I was never quite able to appreciate it until my grandpa passed away, it was his favourite song of all time, and we always had sing alongs to it. I still miss you

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:14 am

Thank you for posting the download of the music,. I have been asked to sing this at a funeral this week and couldn't find it anywhere, The family will be so happy.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:32 am

my brother died on jan 6th this year this hymm seems to describe his life a country g p who had a gift of understanding people

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:52 pm

This was the class song when I graduated from High School (class of '49) and we sang it with teary eyes the night of graduation. I did not realize until reading the comments posted that it was hymn.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:50 am

Didn't know the song until I Googled "Sterling Holloway" and found him singing this lovely song. Mr. Holloway is from my home town, Cedartown, GA and really I had always thought that his stint on Life of Riley and the voice of Winnie the Pooh were the highlights of his career but now that I've heard him do this song...I've changed my mind. While I did not know him, the setting of the movie made it seem as we were all there in the parlor while my good friend was singing this lovely song.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:13 am

I would recommend the the Paul Robeson version of this hymn/song. It is very moving.