Hymn named Riches of Grace-words: sweetly the hours of life fly by, harmless it's trials pass me by

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Hymn named Riches of Grace-words: sweetly the hours of life fly by, harmless it's trials pass me by

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm

This is an old hymn that I know most of the words for but not all. My parents and the church I grew up in sang it. I went to the Church of Christ of Apostolic Faith in Columbus, Ohio. I'm not sure of the title but I believe it is called, "Riches of Grace." It has several verses and the chorus says:
Riches of grace forever endure,
Riches of grace my safety assure,
Riches of grace bth fadeless and pure,
Riches of grace, riches of grace.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Words and music written by E. S. Lorenz

1. Riches of earth I may not see, God may prevent;
Riches of grace are offered me, I am content.
Wealth of the world must fade and fail,
Earthly delights grow tasteless, stale;
I have the wealth that must avail--Riches of grace.

Riches of grace . . . . . . forever endure . . . . . . .
Riches of grace . . . . . . my safety assure; . . . . .
Riches of grace . . . . . . are fadeless and pure . . . . .
Riches of grace . . . . . . Riches of grace.

2. I may not win fair honor's crown, God may prevent;
Heavenly honors are my own, I am content.
Children of God and heirs of grace,
Walking in light before his face,
Resting in peace in his embrace--Riches of grace.

3. Earth will not bring me hours of peace, Sin will prevent;
I have a peace that cannot cease, God hath it sent.
Sweetly the hours of life glide by,
Harmless its trial past me fly,
Strong in his grace I all defy--Riches of grace.

This song was a favorite of my great-grandfather and grandfather, and was sung at both of their funerals. My mother had the words to this song in an old hymnal, and she gave me a copy some years ago. Hope this helps.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for finding this for me, I am so happy to have all the words. May God richly bless you for this kindness.