karen peck and new river - i'm gonna get up

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
countryboy242008

Post by countryboy242008 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:57 am

does anyone have the lyrics to i'm goona get up?
countryboy242008

Post by countryboy242008 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:58 am

i'm gonna get up by karen peck and new river

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 am

Here it is:

(Chrous) I'm gonna get up, get up and walk with Jesus, I ain't gonna stay here in this valley one more day. I've cried enough, I'm gonna move out and claim my victory, gonna get up, get up, get up, and lean on Jesus all the way.
(Repeat Chorus)
(Verse One) I've been down so long it seemed the Sun would never shine. My troubles clouded all my dreams and broke this heart of mine. I'm tired of that old devil thinking I'm just easy prey, he has no power against me, he cannot shake my faith!
(Chorus)
(Verse Two) Jesus walks with me no matter what I'm going through, he said he'd never leave me and his promises are true. I'll cast my cares upon him, he'll move me to higher ground!
(Chrous Twice)
(Vocalize) I'm gonna get up.
niki

Post by niki » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:20 am

here is another one...

ch
I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up and walk to victory! Not gonna put my sword down, til I receive my robe and crown. Gonna get up and walk to victory!

v1
The Lord said unto Abraham, arise- walk through the land. The length of it and the breadth of it, I will give it unto your hand. Then Abraham removed his tent and came unto the plane. From the North to the south, the east to the west he began to walk around. He said...(CH)

v2
The devil came around to day and he tried to get me down. he told me that the way was dark and the sun wouldn't shine again. Then a spark of fire fell down on me straight from the throne of God. It went from my heart to my hands to my feet I began to move around. I daid...(CH)

bridge
I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up, etc

while choir is singing the above the lead singer sings this...

I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up, I'm not gonna sit here and cry, I'm not gonna wait to die, I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up and walk around gonna put my feet on higher ground, I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up, I'm gonna get up and walk to victory...Not gonna put my sword down, ti;l I receive my robe and crown, I'm gonna get up and walk to victory!

I'm thinking this is old Nelons but not sure.
PRG

Re: karen peck and new river - i'm gonna get up

Post by PRG » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm

There is a third verse to the older song that I have been looking for…
About the three lepers who were outside the gates of the city…
If anyone knows that third verse I would love to see it!🙏🏻😇