It Is No Secret What God Can Do

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
grateful1

Post by grateful1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:50 am

The phrase, "The chimes of time ring out the news,
Another day is through, Someone slipped and fell, Was that someone you?" Is all I can remember of the verse. The chorus is: It is no secret, what God can do. What He's done for others, He'll do for you. With arms wide open, He'll pardon you. It is no secret what God can do.
SingerForGod

Post by SingerForGod » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:16 am

IT IS NO SECRET
Words and music by Stuart Hamblen

Verse 1
The chimes of time ring out the news;
Another day is through.
Someone slipped and fell.
Was that someone you?
You may have longed for added strength,
Your courage to renew.
Do not be disheartened,
For I bring hope to you.

Chorus;
It is no secret what God can do.
What He's done for others,
He'll do for you.
With arms wide open,
He'll pardon you,
It is no secret what God can do.

V2
There is no night,
For in His light you'll never walk alone;
Always feel at home wherever you may roam.
There is no pow'r can conquer you,
While God is on your side;
Just take Him at His promise,
Don't run away and hide.

Chorus

There is a reading that goes with this that you might be interested in. We have it read after singing the 2 verses and choruses and then sing the chorus another time with a tag. Here it is.

There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, "Father, give me my share of the estate." So he divided his property between them.
Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.
When he came to his senses, he said, "I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men."
But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
The father said to his servants, "Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found."
Luke 15:11-13, 17-19, 20, 22-24

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:24 pm

I have been looking for the words to this hymn for years. Thanks to the lord he used you to put the words of this hymn on the internet.
God Bless you
SingerForGod

Post by SingerForGod » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:02 am

So happy to have been used in a way to help you and others wanting this song. God Bless you too.
Forgiven

Post by Forgiven » Fri May 04, 2007 9:12 pm

I have the music with lyrics to "It Is No Secret"
Happy to share
If interested e-mail me [email protected]

God Bless

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:36 am

God works in mysterious ways. After speaking and praying with a friend, this song immediately popped into my mind. I just had to find the lyrics and of course they have encouraged me to just continue to trust God's promises. To God be the glory! Thank you for sharing these beautiful words of comfort.