in his mind he had a vision that in death there is victory

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
juliette

in his mind he had a vision that in death there is victory

Post by juliette » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:35 am

Please help me with the lyrics to the song with this phrase
Dove

Re: in his mind he had a vision that in death there is victory

Post by Dove » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:41 am

Up the hill with the load, Jesus walked up Calvary's road.
No man took His life from Him, For you and me He willingly gave.
In His mind, He held a vision, It was of the resurrection, Truly He paid death's price; Our victory's complete In the perfect sacrifice.

CHORUS In death, in death, In death, there's victory. Self sacrifice means freedom, And this is the way for me. For the joy set before, There's a cross to endure. For real life, this I see, That in death there's victory.

Abraham held the promise, 'In Isaac shall thy seed be called.'
He died to his own thinking, When God told him sacrifice his boy.
Obedient unto death he was faithful, Knowing resurrection was in the end.
This he said: "The lad and I, we'll go worship And come to you again."

CHORUS In death, in death, In death, there's victory. Self sacrifice means freedom, And this is the way for me. For the joy set before, There's a cross to endure. For real life, this I see, That in death there's victory.

By faith Jocebed placed Moses In the mouth of death on the river Nile, Pharaoh's daughter, finding him, To the house of death she took the child, There he lived with those who sought his life, And to the desert he had to flee, Where he died to his own thinking, To lead Israel to their victory.

Tell me now, Bride of Christ, We're not different, we must pay the price, As we lift up our cross, Though we suffer and our lives are lost; Yet we must die to ourselves and sin, Truly become a burnt-offering, But it's sure in the end, That we will rise again.