name this hymn - lean on me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
anna

Post by anna » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:52 pm

Hello, my sister would like the name and rest of the words to this song,

1)As the road ahead looked rugged and the path is getting steep. I feel that I can't make it. So my heart begins to weep.I turn to see who's coming, to join me on my way. I see it is my Lord, and He turns slowly to say.

2)Lean on Me when you're no strenght to stand. When you feel you're going under. Hold tighter to my hand
Lean on Me when your heart begins to bleed. when you know I'm all you have, Then you'll know I'm all you need.
SingerForGod

Post by SingerForGod » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:10 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEAN ON ME
by Gary Mathena

Verse 1

When no one cared about me if I should live or die, and no one bothered asking why I'd go alone and cry. When burdens got so heavy that I could not face the day, then I'd feel His arms around me and I'd hear Him gently say,

Chorus

"Lean on Me when you have no strength to stand. When you feel you're goin' under, hold tighter to my hand. Lean on me when your heart begins to bleed when you come to the place that I'm all you have, then you'll find I'm all you need.

Verse 2

When the road ahead seems rugged and the path is getting steep, I feel that I can't make it and my heart begins to weep. Then I turn to see who's comin' to join me in the way, and I see that it's my Savior and I hear Him gently say,

Chorus

"Lean on Me when you have no strength to stand. When you feel you're goin' under, hold tighter to my hand. Lean on me when your heart begins to bleed when you come to the place that I'm all you have, then you'll find I'm all you need.

Chorus

I'm all you need.
anna

Post by anna » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:34 am

thank youSingerForGod for the answer. This is a great site and I have found so many wonderful songs that I have forgotten until I got on here. God bless you
anna

Post by anna » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:37 am

sorry my message was suppose to say SingerForGod. I just got a new key board and as you can tell I do make mistakes on it. Again God bless you. Anna
SingerForGod

Post by SingerForGod » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:30 am

Anna, You are welcome. I didn't know the song but did a search and just by hit and miss finally found what I was hoping to be the one you were looking for. Glad to help. I noticed we both just answered another request. They will be doubly blessed that way. Peggy

Post by Guest » Wed May 14, 2008 7:41 am

Can anyone tell me the original artist for this song?

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Who composed this?

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:30 am

um....on the first comment.....i think that the 1st and 2nd verses are mixed up.....but thank you. i have been looking for the song
janellgarrison

Post by janellgarrison » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Does anybody know the chords for this song Lean on me. i play mostly by ear and i am not sure where the changes are. thanks

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:12 am

It's apparently attributed to Gary Mathena as composer or author of lyrics