Title "They're having a big revival" written by Albert E. Brumbley

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Bridgette123

Post by Bridgette123 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:28 pm

This song was recorded by The Chuckwagon Gang 1962 on the Album God's Gentle People. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Bridgette
whiteyowhite

Post by whiteyowhite » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Bridgette, this is whiteyowhite, I just sat here for thirty minutes typing up this song for you, i typed in the code and hit post your reply and it came up fatal error, try again. lost the entire thing. I will not post again til Steve lets me know something. This is not the first time this has happened! Help me Steve!
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:28 am

Hi Whiteyowhite,

Sorry about that! This is actually an unfortunate drawback of the things I've built into the site to try to prevent spam I think what must have happened is that the page "timed out".

My best advice when you're taking a long time writing up lyrics is to write them up in a Notepad or Word document, and then come back to the thread you're replying to and hit "refresh" (that'll give you a new set of letters and numbers for the security code). Copy and paste your message into the Message box and Post your reply.

I'm sorry it's such a hassle. I guess one disadvantage of the board getting so popular is that it's drawn the attention of people who just want to vandalize it. Thanks so much for being such a great member of the community, and I'll keep looking for other ways I can try to improve the software.

Thanks!
Steve
Bridgette123

Post by Bridgette123 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:27 am

Thank you so much for trying to post this song. I have been looking for it for months. This seems like a great website. I hope I can help someone as well. Have a blessed day!
whiteyowhite

Post by whiteyowhite » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:13 am

"THEY'RE HAVING A BIG REVIVAL"

1. THEY'RE HAVING A BIG REVIVAL, DOWN AT THE COUNTRY CHURCH,
DON'T YOU THINK THAT WE ALL SHOULD GET READY AND GO, WE'LL SIT WITH THE CONGREGATION ,TOGETHER THE SCRIPTURE SEARCH
AND SING THOSE SWEET OLD SONGS WE USED TO KNOW(O LISTEN)

CHORUS:

WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS, WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS
ALL OUR SINS AND GRIEFS TO BEAR, SINS AND GRIEFS TO BEAR
WHAT A PRIVILEGE TO CARRY, WHAT A PRIVILEGE TO CARRY,
EVERYTHING TO GOD IN PRAYER, ALL TO GOD IN PRAYER. O WHAT PEACE WE OFTEN FORFEIT, O WHAT PEACE WE OFTEN FORFEIT,
O WHAT NEEDLESS PAIN WE BEAR, WHAT NEEDLESS PAIN WE BEAR
ALL BECAUSE WE DOT CARRY,ALL BECAUSE WE DO NOT CARRY,
EVERYTHING TO GOD IN PRAYER, ALL TO GOD IN PRAYER

2. THEY'RE PREACHING THE OLD TIME GOSPEL, JUST LIKE THEY USED TO DO,AND I KNOWTHE LORD WILL HEAR THEIE PENITENT PLEAS, I'M LONGING TO SEE AND HEAR THEM, AND WORSHIP WITH THEM A-NEW
IN THAT LITTLE CHAPEL 'MONG THE WILLOW TREES

REPEAT CHORUS

MEN SING TOP CHORUS LINE, LADIES SING WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS NORMALLY !

HOPE THIS hELPS!!!
Bridgette123

Post by Bridgette123 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:50 am

Thank you so much, words cannot say what this means to me. Bridgette Gunter