I Have No Song to Sing by J.W. Peterson

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:01 pm

I am looking for the lyrics to this song. The chorus starts out: "I have no song to sing, than that of Christ my King..."

Thanks, Chris

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Not sure how long ago you were looking Chris but I did find the following:
"My Song" says, "He is the theme of angel song that fills the Heavens above--should I not join their chorus sweet and praise the God I love?
I have no song to sing, but that of Christ my King; to Him my praise I'll bring forevermore--His love beyond degree, His death that ransomed me; now and eternally, I'll sing it o'er.
I have no more delight in other songs, my melody of love to Christ belongs--
I have no song to sing, but that of Christ my King; to Him my praise I'll bring FOREVERMORE!"
Chris, if you find more details please let me know

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Sure would love to have the music for this song. A friend sang this song with such great delight and joy nearly 35 years ago. It was a blessing and has obviously remained in the mind...

For we have no song to sing, but that of Christ our king.

Enjoyed searching out Peterson and seeing how and why he wrote these words...

May this apparently obscure song touch many hearts

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Where can I locate this music? Can it be downloaded from some site? Thanks. TM

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 am

The name of the song is "My Song" and can be found in "Miracle Melodies" #4 (songs by John W. Peterson).

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:18 am

First verse begins:
"Why should I sing of lesser things, and things that pass away,
When I've a friend like Jesus now to sing about each day."
---------Bill F

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 pm

This song was ne that I sang as a teenager. I am no 57 and would love to find a copy of it to sing again.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:04 pm

My Song by John Peterson can be found in the Singspiration publication "Favorites Number 5", copyrighted in 1961. Under the title it indicates that this song was sung by Dick Anthony, so might be available in a book of his solos, but I didn't check that part of my music library. I suspect that the Favorites book would be easier to locate, if only second-hand.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:08 am

The favorites books are discontinued. I got them from my mother. Not sure how you could get them. Mine are not for sale.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 am

Why should I sing of lesser things and things that pass away. When I've a friend like Jesus now to sing about each day.

Chorus: I have no song to sing, but that of Christ my King, to Him my praise I'll bring forevermore! His love beyond degree,His death that ransomed me, Now and eternally I'll sing it o'er. I find no more delight in other songs. My melody of love to Christ belongs; I have no song to sing but that of Christ my King, to Him my praise I'll bring Forevermore.

2nd verse: He is the theme of angel song that fills the heaven above, Should I not join their chorus sweet and praise the Lord I love!

Words and Music by John W. Peterson