My God Is Real lyrics...bluegrass gospel

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
vrhamilton

Post by vrhamilton » Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 am

Hey y'all!

My daughter heard a song on our Bluegrass station WDVX and fell in love with it. She's 5 years old, and has sung bits and pieces of it every morning since hearing it two weeks ago.

The name of the song is "My God Is Real" sung by a group called Mountain Faith. The chorus goes something like this|:

"My God is real, he's the answer to my prayers. A comfort in my time of need. My God is real, He's the truth, the light, the way, the one true saving grace I feel. Oh yes, my God is real..."

Does anyone have the remaining lyrics to this song? It's beautiful and she wants to learn it for church.
daisyc40

Post by daisyc40 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Sometimes this world can't seem to understand. How in troublesome times I'm able to stand. But in the grace and the mercy my Lord has given me, In the midst of my storm he calms the raging sea.

My God is real, he's the answer to my prayers. A comfort in my time of need. My God is real, He's the truth, the light, the way, the one true saving grace I feel. Oh yes, my God is real.

There was a time in my life when I could not believe. That God could save a sinner like me. But then down on my knees in an altar of prayer. God was forgiving and he met me there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYU44bC3Bg
You can watch it on youtube if you need to hear the tune again :)
niki

Post by niki » Thu May 10, 2012 3:55 am

wow, what a nice song, thanks for the link
Bluegrass2thebone

Re: My God Is Real lyrics...bluegrass gospel

Post by Bluegrass2thebone » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:41 pm

Blessings. Further information for this song. Writer is Alan Baker. Original recording was by a group called Mercy Tree. Additional info on the song and contact info email [email protected]