Song with words of a Prayer by St. Francis Assisi

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
PaulG

Post by PaulG » Wed May 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Hello, my name is Paul,

I am looking for a song I heard on a Christian Radio Station back in the early 1990's. I always heard it when I was driving and with no cell phones in those days I was not able to call in and ask for details.

It was on par with something the Maranatha Singers would do. The lyrics are from a prayer by St. Francis Assisi as follows:

"..when men look at me, I want them to see, the light of the world in me."

Thank you for your help, :)
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Thu May 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Paul,

I believe you'll find what you're looking for under the post by "Guest" on January 21 2010 here:

http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... &t=537&p=2

It is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, It is in dying that we are born to eternal life, Make me an instrument of Your peace, I want to know what it's like to follow You, When men look at me, I want them to see the Light of the world inside.

God bless,
Steve
1234Guest

Re: Song with words of a Prayer by St. Francis Assisi

Post by 1234Guest » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:49 am

It is a song sung by the band Gabriel in the early 1990s.
1234Guest

Post by 1234Guest » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:06 pm

Actually, it was earlier than the 1990s! I just sang it in the early 90’s. The title is, “A Simple Prayer,” sung by Gabriel.
Here is a link to a YouTube video. I haven’t been able to find it elsewhere.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1UIeBRPX0
Enjoy!
Sarahml

Post by Sarahml » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:15 am

Thank you so much! I have literally been looking for this song for YEARS. In my part of the country, it got a lot of radio play in the summer of 1986. Every time I see the prayer of St. Francis, I want to hear this song again. I could've sworn it was acapella, so I was off track in my hunt for it. I finally hit upon the magic search criteria that brought me to your site, which I was not familiar with. I'm so happy to hear this song again!!