When I was a child 50 years ago, the old Baptist people sang this song occassionaly, but no one had the lyrics or music. This is what I remember:
O flood of living water.......Blest fountain of salvation............Flow on, flow on, O sacred stream flow on, Flow on, flow on, O sacred stream flow on. I need the words and music. Thanks.
Flow on, Flow on, O sacred stream, flow on
Flow on, Flow on, O sacred stream, flow on
Hi Guest,
You're in luck! I came across an archived copy of the hymnal.
Here are the lyrics:
O Flood of Living Water
William J.C. Thiel
1.
O flood of living water, and mighty crimson tide,
Blest fountain of salvation, from Jesus' pierc-ed side,
Chorus
Flow on, flow on, O sacred stream, flow on;
Flow on, flow on, flow on, flow on, O sacred stream, flow on;
2.
Thy waters drown all sorrow, Extinguish every grief;
And blotting out transgression brings to the soul relief.
3.
Thy grace excels the Jordan, which made the leper whole;
Lo! Thou has healed the sickness which wasted in my soul.
A link to the music is here.
http://live.archive.org/stream/gospelhy ... 0/mode/2up
Hope it helps! God bless,
Steve
You're in luck! I came across an archived copy of the hymnal.
Here are the lyrics:
O Flood of Living Water
William J.C. Thiel
1.
O flood of living water, and mighty crimson tide,
Blest fountain of salvation, from Jesus' pierc-ed side,
Chorus
Flow on, flow on, O sacred stream, flow on;
Flow on, flow on, flow on, flow on, O sacred stream, flow on;
2.
Thy waters drown all sorrow, Extinguish every grief;
And blotting out transgression brings to the soul relief.
3.
Thy grace excels the Jordan, which made the leper whole;
Lo! Thou has healed the sickness which wasted in my soul.
A link to the music is here.
http://live.archive.org/stream/gospelhy ... 0/mode/2up
Hope it helps! God bless,
Steve
-
Guest
Flow on, Flow on, O sacred stream, flow on
Thanks so much. This is exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to share it with others in our association. Actually, I forgot to check back until today. I didn't think it would be so easy to find. Thanks again. You were a big help.
Eileen
Eileen
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 45 guests
