Hi - Can you find this - I have looked all over.
"Wisdom Has Built herself a house" is the first line and I believe it is the title.
Thanks and Blessings, Charlene
Wisdom Has Built Herself A House
-
Guest
Wisdom Has Built Herself A House
I'm looking for the same think! We sang it at my church in the 80's out of a black hymnal. But I've never seen it in another.
-
songinmyheart
- Posts: 4549
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
- Contact:
Wisdom Has Built Herself A House
If this hymn is the one you are looking for
let us know and I'll post the remaining verses
Wisdom Has Built Herself a House
Antiphon I
Wisdom has built herself a house
she has prepared her table
has brought forth her wine
and she calls to her children
Antiphon II
Come and eat of my bread
and drink of my wine
Come to the feast
I prepared for you
Verses
1. They have come from the eastern and the western lands
gathered around your table
At the feast of the kingdom
2. Bread of heaven is the food that is offered here
Bread son to be your body
Which is Cause for eternal life
3. Living bread that the Father has given to us
Food for our Paschal feasting
Sign of the promise renewed once more
let us know and I'll post the remaining verses
Wisdom Has Built Herself a House
Antiphon I
Wisdom has built herself a house
she has prepared her table
has brought forth her wine
and she calls to her children
Antiphon II
Come and eat of my bread
and drink of my wine
Come to the feast
I prepared for you
Verses
1. They have come from the eastern and the western lands
gathered around your table
At the feast of the kingdom
2. Bread of heaven is the food that is offered here
Bread son to be your body
Which is Cause for eternal life
3. Living bread that the Father has given to us
Food for our Paschal feasting
Sign of the promise renewed once more
-
songinmyheart
- Posts: 4549
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
- Contact:
Wisdom Has Built Herself A House
4. Cup of wine poured to cheer ev'ry troubled heart
Free us from ev'ry sadness
Blood of Christ, our redeeming Wine
5. By Your love we are drawn into unity
Singing our joyous praises
While rememb'ring Your tender care.
6. To Your table the poor and humble come
Bearing their pain and sorrow
and in mercy You dry their tears.
7. In my presence You ready Your feast, Oh Lord;
Blest with Your saving graces
They are happy whom You invite
8. Lead us all to Your glorious kingdom, Lord:
Open the gates of Heaven
. . .
These and the rest of the lyrics are included in the book
Spiritual Traditions for the Contemporary Church
by Robin Mass and Gabriel O'Donnell
Free us from ev'ry sadness
Blood of Christ, our redeeming Wine
5. By Your love we are drawn into unity
Singing our joyous praises
While rememb'ring Your tender care.
6. To Your table the poor and humble come
Bearing their pain and sorrow
and in mercy You dry their tears.
7. In my presence You ready Your feast, Oh Lord;
Blest with Your saving graces
They are happy whom You invite
8. Lead us all to Your glorious kingdom, Lord:
Open the gates of Heaven
. . .
These and the rest of the lyrics are included in the book
Spiritual Traditions for the Contemporary Church
by Robin Mass and Gabriel O'Donnell
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 36 guests
