You're too near the crown to lay down your cross

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
isingforhim

Post by isingforhim » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Can somebody help with the words to this song? The chorus says
You're to near the crown to lay down the cross
Don't give up the race you run will soon be o'er
You're to near the crown to lay down the cross
Just hold on it won't be long til you get home

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:07 am

and you're too near the crown to lay the old cross down and there's forgiving grace to run this race in a world where sin abounds soon the trump of God will sound and we'll be heaven bound for i know i'm much too near my crown to lay the old cross down

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 am

vs 2 deny yourself and follow me i heard Jesus say so i said yes to the one who took his cross to calvary and so many times this cross that i bear has brought me to the ground still i know i'm much too near my crown to lay the old cross down. i can not remember how the 1st vs starts or i would be able to remember it if i could think of how it starts
isingforhim

Post by isingforhim » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 am

Thanks a lot I really appreciate this God bless

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:04 pm

As I bare this cross of Jesus I stumble and I fall,neath the load of guilt and shame I feel, I'de given up on it all,then I heard the voice of Jesus and he turned my life around ,when he said you're just to near the crown to lay the old cross down .
course
And you're to near the crown to lay the old cross down and there's sufficent grace to run this race in a world where sin abounds,so the trump of God will sound ,and I'll be heaven bound ,for I know I just to near the crown to lay the old cross down