I wouldn't trade by the Blackwood Brothers

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Frannie

Post by Frannie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Does anyone know the words to the song I wouldn't trade?

The chorus goes...
I wouldn't trade
trade my Jesus
I wouldn't trade
trade my king
what He gave to me
will last eternally
what I have never fades
I wouldn't trade
Frannie

Post by Frannie » Fri May 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Well I finally found this song and in case anyone else is looking for it here it is...

Copyright 1955 by Gospel Quartet Music Comapny - Recorded by Blackwood Brothers and written by J.D Sumner

Verse 1)
I wouldn't trade what I have for the world, its silver and gold, I wouldn't trade what I felt when Jesus saved my soul: The joy He left within His Blood covers my sin, Now sweet comfort I find, I am His, He is mine, What I have never fades, I wouldn't trade.

Chorus:
I wouldn't trade, trade my Jesus, I wouldn't trade, trade my King, What He gave to me will last eternally, What I have never fades, I wouldn't trade.

Verse 2)
I wouldn't trade what I have to be the world's richest king, I wouldn't trade the spot I knelt for a mansion with earth's everything: my tears He wiped away, my grief He helps me bear, Till He calls me that day to my home far away, What I have never fades, I wouldn't trade