During a short stay in San Antonio, I heard a song on KSLR AM radio, a Christian CCM station. I liked it, so I pressed the record button on the portable cassette deck. I'm glad I recorded it, because I never heard the song again on the radio. The recording is very crude. I'd like to learn who the artist is, so I can buy the artist's CD, LP or cassette that contains the song. It's a melodic, slow paced song that really connects with the heart. To better identify the time period I heard this song, here are some other Christian songs receiving airplay during the same time period: Mike Adkins - Adoration, Wayne Watson - Touch of the Master's Hand, Andrew Culverwell - I've Seen Him, Debbie Boone - Can You Reach My Friend, and Karen Lafferty - Father of Lights.
Thanks in advance to Steve and anyone else out there who may have a way of finding out the artist and name of the song. If you desire an MP3 music sample of the song, send me a request at [email][email protected].[/email] Here are the lyrics of the song:
When you're back's against the wall, your faith can seem so small, within. You'd rather turn and run, even though the victory's won, in him. Somehow, you've got to find the strength to carry on. So you reach back through the years, try and get beyond the fear, to find some lost forgotten key that unlocks and sets free each time. But you know that's wishful thinking, you've got to stand and fight. No one said that it was easy, walking in the light.
I know in time he'll see you through, my friend. His words are the light, and it is true, he just won't fail you. He's gonna do what he said he would do, in time.
When your skies are grey, and hope has slipped away, somehow. Remember he is there, listening to your prayers, right now. And that's not wishful thinking. He said he'd never leave. He's gonna fix your problems, can you believe?
I know in time he'll see you through, my friend. His words are the light, and it is true, he just won't fail you. He's gonna do what he said he would do, in time.
Need help with Artist and Title of this song - Updated Request - When you’re back’s against the
-
boblinkedin
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:08 am
- Contact:
-
LavenderSea
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 am
- Contact:
Need help with Artist and Title of this song - Updated Request - When you're back's against the
I had not thought about this song in ages and it came to mind this morning. Thought I'd look it up online and only found 2 requests for information about it.
I knew all the words, though it took a while to remember them. This suggests that I had it either on record or tape. Certainly it meant a lot to me back then. Unfortunately I don't have my records anymore, so I can't check them. The words you have listed are as I remember except for one line -
His Word's on the line, and it is true. He just won't fail you.
I have no idea about artist or record, sorry. It'll take a while, but I'm going to look through the tapes I have left and see if it's there.
LavenderSea - yahoo mail
I knew all the words, though it took a while to remember them. This suggests that I had it either on record or tape. Certainly it meant a lot to me back then. Unfortunately I don't have my records anymore, so I can't check them. The words you have listed are as I remember except for one line -
His Word's on the line, and it is true. He just won't fail you.
I have no idea about artist or record, sorry. It'll take a while, but I'm going to look through the tapes I have left and see if it's there.
LavenderSea - yahoo mail
-
Guest
Need help with Artist and Title of this song - Updated Request - When you're back's against the
The song is "In Time" by Harry Browning, and it was on the album Push Back the Darkness by Harry Browning and Laury Boone.
I have it on cassette (this WAS the '80's after all), and love the song
I have it on cassette (this WAS the '80's after all), and love the song
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 21 guests
