Trying to find lyrics to song "Lord What Can I Do For You Today"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
fernw11
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm
Contact:

Trying to find lyrics to song "Lord What Can I Do For You Today"

Post by fernw11 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:41 pm

This song was sung MANY years ago in Montana at our church by the youth pastor's wife. This was the church at helped my husband bring Dale Evans Rogers to our civic auditorium in Helena, MT.
songinmyheart
Posts: 4549
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
Contact:

Trying to find lyrics to song "Lord What Can I Do For You Today"

Post by songinmyheart » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:50 am

Is it this Nat Stuckey song you are looking for?

Now Lord, what can I do for you?

In a land where there's freedom to worship
It was there that beauty creates that I should be born
You gave me the breath of life and let me see the light of dawn
And you gave me a father and a mother
Who have stood in the breach for me
through all of my shortcomings
You did this when you might have
turned away from my heart's door
To cause your spirit to strife no more

Now Lord, what can I do for you?

Through the weary swift years of childhood
Till I was a man I rejected your call
Knowing that you gave your only begotten son
To plea and to die on the cross at calvary
That I might have eternal life
And since that day long ago when
With tender mercy you saved my soul
I've never called out your name except
When I was in trouble sorrow and pain
Yet you have showered me with blessings
Even though I drifted away and grew cold

Now Lord, what can I do for you?

t's true, I've been wild, pleasured bent
Unwilling to surrender all
And now, my life is mostly spent
Yet tonight you restored my soul
You gave me a loving wife and the family of my own
And I brought them shame
My sins have caused them grief and pain I'm told
But they loved and believed in me when
I know to them it seemed in vain
Yes, you are a merciful God to take me back again

Now Lord, what can I do for you?
fernw11
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm
Contact:

Trying to find lyrics to song "Lord What Can I Do For You Today"

Post by fernw11 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:55 am

Thank you. As I remember, it was "Lord, what can I do for you today"? in the chorus.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 72 guests