Rose of Sharon or Sweet Rose of Sharon
-
Guest
Rose of Sharon or Sweet Rose of Sharon
Friend's mom is dying and wants a song about Rose of Sharon sung at her funeral. However she can not tell us the exact song or where to find lyrics or music. As a child she attended the Nazarene Church but became Lutheran in her 20's, and I believe it was a song she learned in church. I have spent hours trying to figure it out and fouund a group of men, Ever the Cross, singing a beautiful song, Sweet Rose of Sharon, which may be the one. The lyrics: Sweet Rose of Sharon, Lilly of the valley, Breath (or Bread) of life to me, Lion of Judah, Rock of the ages, Breath of Life to me, Precious Jesus, King of all kings, Great Redemer and friend, Spotless Lamb there on Calvary, Blessed Savior of men, Lord of the heavens, Loving Messiah, Breath of Life to me, Breath of Live to me, Breath of life to me. Can't find out anymore about the group online. Song was posted on YouTube in 2008. I checke out the Lutheran hymnals but found nothing.
Rose of Sharon or Sweet Rose of Sharon
I am so sorry to hear about your friend's mom, and I hope and pray she is at peace.
The most famous song with the words "Rose of Sharon" is the hymn by Ira Guirey. Here's a link on Cyberhymnal:
http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/j/e/s/u/jesurose.htm
Will keep looking. God bless you.
Steve
The most famous song with the words "Rose of Sharon" is the hymn by Ira Guirey. Here's a link on Cyberhymnal:
http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/j/e/s/u/jesurose.htm
Will keep looking. God bless you.
Steve
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 46 guests
