Hi all,
I've been trying endlessly for a few weeks to find the lyrics to an old song written by Diana Gillette and recorded by the Perry Sisters a few decades ago. Can anyone here help me with the lyrics? All I can remember is most of the chorus...but I need the verses and the missing line from the chorus:
Chorus:
I'll see the skies unfold
And my eyes behold
The King of Glory come down
I'll see the gates of pearl
Swing open wide
Such rare beauty
Will surround me
I jem set wall of jasper too
When I think of such great sights to see
It means much more to me
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
"It Means Much More to Me" Lyrics?????
-
pianoforte1977
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
- Contact:
-
Guest
"It Means Much More to Me" Lyrics?????
I may never go to paris
I may never go to rome
I may never see great cities, this world may call its own
I may never cross the ocean or climb the mountains high
But the greatest sight I long to see; it means much more to me.
And I'll see the skies aglow and my eyes behold
the King of Glory come down
I'll see the gates of pearl swing open wide
and I'll just step inside.
Such rare beauty will surround me
a gem set wall of jasper too
When I think of such great sites to see
It means much more to me.
I may never go to rome
I may never see great cities, this world may call its own
I may never cross the ocean or climb the mountains high
But the greatest sight I long to see; it means much more to me.
And I'll see the skies aglow and my eyes behold
the King of Glory come down
I'll see the gates of pearl swing open wide
and I'll just step inside.
Such rare beauty will surround me
a gem set wall of jasper too
When I think of such great sites to see
It means much more to me.
-
Guest
"It Means Much More to Me" Lyrics?????
may God bless you with these lyrics I just posted
from Deborah of Bread of Life Ministry www.breadoflifeministryofbeltonsc.com
from Deborah of Bread of Life Ministry www.breadoflifeministryofbeltonsc.com
-
Guest
"It Means Much More to Me" Lyrics?????
i sing this all the time at my church
I may never go to paris
I may never go to rome
I may never see great cities
that this world may find its own
I may never cross the ocean
or climb a mountain high
but the greatest sight
I long to see
it means much more to me
ill see the skies unfold
my eyes behold the king of glory come down
and ill see the gates of pearl
swing open wide and ill just step in side
such rare beauty shall surround me
a gem set wall of jasper too
and when I think of such great sites to see
it means much more to me
there are people making ready
for a journey far away
they may plan to take possessions
when they leave on that final day
oh but im going on a journey
where no mortal has ever been
and this land in which
I long to see
it means much more to me
repeat chorus
I may never go to paris
I may never go to rome
I may never see great cities
that this world may find its own
I may never cross the ocean
or climb a mountain high
but the greatest sight
I long to see
it means much more to me
ill see the skies unfold
my eyes behold the king of glory come down
and ill see the gates of pearl
swing open wide and ill just step in side
such rare beauty shall surround me
a gem set wall of jasper too
and when I think of such great sites to see
it means much more to me
there are people making ready
for a journey far away
they may plan to take possessions
when they leave on that final day
oh but im going on a journey
where no mortal has ever been
and this land in which
I long to see
it means much more to me
repeat chorus
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 20 guests
