When I Cross Over Jordan

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
user36574

When I Cross Over Jordan

Post by user36574 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 am

recorded by Primitive Quartet
songinmyheart

When I Cross Over Jordan

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:17 pm

I couldn't find this in their discography.
I did find a few versions by different artists.
Do you know any of the words or phrases
so we might identify which one you are looking for?
user36574

When I Cross Over Jordan

Post by user36574 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:59 am

WHEN I CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF JORDAN - Primitive Quartet
I.
THERE'S A HAPPY-HAPPY DAY A COMIN', WHEN I LAY MY HEAVEY BURDENS DOWN, I'LL SING AROUND THE THRONE ETERNAL, AS THE SAINTS ALL MARCH AROUND, THERE'LL BE GLORY WHEN I MEET THE SAVIOUR, HE'S THE ONE WHO DIED FOR ME, WHEN I CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF JORDAN, JUST BEYOND THAT CRYSTAL SEA.
CHORUS
WHEN I CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF JORDAN (OVER JORDAN) JUST BEYOND THAT HAPPY SHORE (BEYOND THAT HAPPY SHORE) WHEN I CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF JORDAN (OVER JORDAN) TO LIVE FOREVER MORE (LIVE THERE FOR¬EVER MORE) THERE'LL BE GLORY IN THE MORNING (REPEAT) FOR THE DAY THERE COMES A NIGHT (DAY THERE COMES A NIGHT) WHEN I CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF JORDAN, WHERE JESUS IS THE LIGHT.
I HAVE SO MANY LOVED ONES, WHO'VE MADE THIS TRIP I KNOW, OH HOW I LONG TO SEE THEM ,AS I JOURNEY HERE BELOW, TO HEAR THEM TELL OF HEAVEN AND THE STREETS ALL PAVED WITH GOLD, WHEN I CROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF JORDAN, HEAR THE HALF THAT'S NEVER BE TOLD.

songinmyheart, I think this is it
songinmyheart

When I Cross Over Jordan

Post by songinmyheart » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Oh yes ! This is one I heard often in the 70s. A lot of quartets did it.
http://www.sghistory.com/index.php?n=W. ... _Of_Jordan
We even have the lyrics in our Archives !
http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... ic&t=11345