I have been trying to transcribe a hymn recorded by Ernest Stoneman back in 1927. It 's on Youtube and can be listened to by searching "Dixie Mountaineers No More Goodbyes." It's an old 78 recording and try as I will I just cannot pick up the words. Following is what I have been able to glean and I'm not so sure they're all correct. I can't find this song in a hymnal nor anywhere on the web. I'd sure appreciate some help.
Where the crystal stream doth flow and the tree of life doth bloom,
Where no chilly frost can fall on flowers that sweetly bloom,
Where the glory of the Lord shines throughout unclouded skies,
There as endless ages roll shall be no more goodbyes.
Refrain:
No more goodbyes, no more goodbyes,
Oh blessed soul, no more goodbyes;
In the glory of the Lord, in that home beyond the skies,
While the endless ages roll there'll be no more goodbyes.
There the Saviour who have parting hands
Fathers, Mothers, children gathered round the throne shall stand
There no tempest e'er will blow, and no sin shall ever rise.
In that eternal home shall be no more goodbyes.
and they never sorrow
Where no sickness, death and trouble
Where they feel no pain or care and no tears bedim their eyes
For their sin shall be forgiven no more goodbyes
No More Goodbyes
-
Confederado
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:30 pm
- Contact:
-
Guest
No More Goodbyes
My father recently went home to be with our Lord. When going through airlooms left I came across some very old school books from 1891, it was my great grandmother's Mrs. Yost. She was 14 at the time acording to my reaserch. Inside the book was a song written on paper, I thought she had written the song, maybee she did, i'm not certain. The song was No More Good Byes wich is word for word what is being sung in the Dixie Mountaineers recording that is on Utube.
-
Guest
No More Goodbyes
Confederado. I have found the lyrics. I will post them on the youtube site where you asked for them years ago. it took me some effort, but I am sure you will be pleased.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_mJCJEbTSc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_mJCJEbTSc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 24 guests
