hello. My mom who hardly ever sang--and barely speaks b/c Alzheimer's--actually sang along to Healing Stream the other day! She's 81 and grew up in North East, Pa. (On Lake Erie near NY border). I don't know what kind of church she attended except that she had a "preaching uncle", so maybe some sort of white gospel church. I'm hoping to find other hymns she may have sung. We grew up Episcopalian, so i don't know that one.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
God's best,
BArbara
healing stream and others
-
songinmyheart
- Posts: 4549
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
- Contact:
healing stream and others
Hi Barbara,
It is joyful to read that your mom sang the other day.
There are a couple of versions of Healing Stream but I am presuming it is this one written by Rev. L. White around 1889
If this is the one and your mom knows it from a hymnal, perhaps it was one of these cited here:
http://www.hymnary.org/text/there_is_a_ ... ide_which_
and she might know more hymns from them.
I trust this will be helpful. If this isn't the correct version, please let us know some of the lyrics so we can help in finding more hymns that your mom might know.
May the Lord bless you and your dear mother,
Nancy
It is joyful to read that your mom sang the other day.
There are a couple of versions of Healing Stream but I am presuming it is this one written by Rev. L. White around 1889
If this is the one and your mom knows it from a hymnal, perhaps it was one of these cited here:
http://www.hymnary.org/text/there_is_a_ ... ide_which_
and she might know more hymns from them.
I trust this will be helpful. If this isn't the correct version, please let us know some of the lyrics so we can help in finding more hymns that your mom might know.
May the Lord bless you and your dear mother,
Nancy
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot] and 45 guests
