Looking for a hymn heard on an older Bill Gaither tape...by the River of Memories

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
songinmyheart
Posts: 4548
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
Contact:

Looking for a hymn heard on an older Bill Gaither tape...by the River of Memories

Post by songinmyheart » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi stonesprout,

I think this it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgq2Tw-Q_78

Did You Ever Go Sailing

There's an old ramshackle shack where in dreams I wander back
And listen to the southern melody
T'was the place where I was born on a bright October morn
And it's nestled at the end of my river of memories

Did you ever go sailing down the river of memories
To the little log cabin that's nestled among the sycamore trees
Where the sunshine is cheery and nothing in the world grows dreary
That's my cabin at the end of my river of memories

There's a mother old and gray at the end of memory's way
I'll meet her there tonight among the trees
With a smiling welcome she so sweetly beckons me
To the cabin at the end of my river of memories

When the twilight shadows fall many childhood voices call
Back again to the days that used to be
And in answer to their prayer I will soon be sailing there
To the cabin at the end of my river of memories

Did You Ever Go Sailing
Recorded T. Texas Tyler
Written by Albert Brumley

G C G
There's an old ramshackle shack where in dreams I wander back
A7 D7
And listen to the southern melody
G C G
T'was the place where I was born on a bright October morn
C G D7 G
And it's nestled at the end of my river of memories

C G
Did you ever go sailing down the river of memories
A7 D7
To the little log cabin that's nestled among the sycamore trees
G C G
Where the sunshine is cheery and nothing in the world grows dreary
C G D7 G
That's my cabin at the end of my river of memories

C G
There's a mother old and gray at the end of memory's way
A7 D7
I will meet her there tonight among the trees
G C G
With a smile of welcome she so sweetly beckons me
C G D7 G
To the cabin at the end of my river of memories

C G
Twilight shadows fall many childhood voices call
A7 D7
Call me back again to the days that used to be
G C G
And in answer to their prayer I will soon be sailing there
C G D7 G
To the cabin at the end of my river of memories
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 25 guests