"The Lettter"
-
Historybuff
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:33 pm
- Contact:
"The Lettter"
I need the lyrics to the song "The Letter" , Rayburn May sings it.
-
songinmyheart
- Posts: 4549
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
- Contact:
"The Lettter"
Hi History buff,
We have these lyrics in our archives
http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... pic&t=9121
Is this the song you are looking for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCP3_xxMsY
Last night I dreamed I got a letter
from someone who had been gone so long
It had a heavenly address
It had been mailed from that heavenly home
It said dear children I just wanted to write you
and tell you I'm doing just fine
and that I live in a beautiful city
here there's life with no measure of time
I just thought I would write and tell you
how peaceful it is where I am
not a tear have I seen since I've been here
not one broken heart have I found
not one call have I got since I've been here
telling me that someone has died.
not one call asking for prayer
In this city everybody's alright
Oh yes today I talked with my Savior
That man has so much Love to give
I found Him so easy to talk to
and He seemed so willing to forgive
By the way, He's been trying to call you
He said you'd been so busy down there below
but He promised that He would keep trying
He seemed so concerned for your soul
I've got to go now. It's such a beautiful country
and I've got so much more to see
I've never seen so many little children
and you know what little children mean to me
Oh yes there's one more thing I've got to tell you
there is room in this city for you
Please listen for the voice of my Jesus
signed with Love, I'll be looking for you
We have these lyrics in our archives
http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... pic&t=9121
Is this the song you are looking for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCP3_xxMsY
Last night I dreamed I got a letter
from someone who had been gone so long
It had a heavenly address
It had been mailed from that heavenly home
It said dear children I just wanted to write you
and tell you I'm doing just fine
and that I live in a beautiful city
here there's life with no measure of time
I just thought I would write and tell you
how peaceful it is where I am
not a tear have I seen since I've been here
not one broken heart have I found
not one call have I got since I've been here
telling me that someone has died.
not one call asking for prayer
In this city everybody's alright
Oh yes today I talked with my Savior
That man has so much Love to give
I found Him so easy to talk to
and He seemed so willing to forgive
By the way, He's been trying to call you
He said you'd been so busy down there below
but He promised that He would keep trying
He seemed so concerned for your soul
I've got to go now. It's such a beautiful country
and I've got so much more to see
I've never seen so many little children
and you know what little children mean to me
Oh yes there's one more thing I've got to tell you
there is room in this city for you
Please listen for the voice of my Jesus
signed with Love, I'll be looking for you
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot] and 11 guests
