Drinking of/from ______ that will never run dry

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:24 am

There's a hymn that my pastor used to sing sometimes a long time ago when I was a wee lad, but I've never been able to remember the name of it. All I remember is what's in the Topic title. I'm drinking of/from ________ that will never run dry, atleast I think that's what the lyrics were. I was such a youngin' that it's hard to be sure if it's a real memory or a false memory. If anyone could help me find a song that has lyrics similar to this i'd greatly appreciate it.
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Your memory is most likely intact
I am guessing your missing word is "fountain".
There are several hymns that are either "drinking at" or "drinking from" the fountain.
If you could give us the clue as to what denomination you attended as a wee lad
and what decade it was, it might help us suss out the hymn.
niki

Post by niki » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:51 am

perhaps it is "drinking from the springs of living water"

chorus is...I'm drinking from the springs of living water. Happy now am I, my soul they satisfy. Drinking at the springs of living water, Oh wonderful and bountiful supply.

Sound familiar? If so, we can help you with the rest!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:59 am

now i'm up on the mountain way up on the mountain drinking from the fountain that never will run dry ... ( this song is way upon the mountain written by ira louvin and sung first by him and his brother charlie, and connie smith also sung a version of it )

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:16 am

@songinmyheart,

The denomination is Pentecostal, I'll try to remember the decade and if I remember I'll send you another reply. Thanks :)
Brother Jonathan

Post by Brother Jonathan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:11 am

Song in my heart, thanks for posting that link for hymnal.net! I don't remember seeing that one before. Now I have MORE exploring to do!