This world, this world is not my home

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ZellaTompkins
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:41 pm
Contact:

This world, this world is not my home

Post by ZellaTompkins » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:49 pm

I am looking for the old hymn " This world, this world is not my home
The chorus starts out like this . This world, this world is not my home.
songinmyheart
Posts: 4549
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
Contact:

This world, this world is not my home

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi Zella,
We have these lyrics in our archives.
http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... pic&t=7384
If these are the lyrics you are looking for
we also have the chords in the archives
http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... ic&t=10194
If this isn't it, can you give us any more clues?
Thanks, Nancy

THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME

This world is not my home, I'm just a passing thru,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue;
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Chorus:
O Lord, you know I have no friend like you,
If Heaven's not my home, then Lord what will I do?
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

They're all expecting me, and that's one thing I know.
My Savior pardoned me and now I onward go;
I know He'll take me thru tho I am weak and poor,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Chorus:

I have a loving mother up in gloryland.
I don't expect to stop until I shake her hand;
She's waiting now for me in Heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Chorus:

Just up in gloryland we'll live eternally.
The saints on ev'ry hand are shouting victory.
Their songs of sweetest praise drift back from Heaven's shore.
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
Guest

This world, this world is not my home

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:09 am

The person is thinking about the one composed by George Bennard in 1920.
songinmyheart
Posts: 4549
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
Contact:

This world, this world is not my home

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Here is a link to a list of hymnals where George Bennard's hymn -
This World Is Not My Home with the first line being - I've left the valley of death and sin -
can be found http://www.hymnary.org/text/ive_left_th ... th_and_sin
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 46 guests