When I was a teenager in the 50's I used to sing along to this song played on my dad's "Hi-Fi" set on a 45rpm record. I believe it was done by the Singspiration singers, a trio that performed on a Sunday night weekly TV show in which Evangeline Carmichael sang lead along with 2 unknown male singers. They were 50's cutting edge gosple music! I believe I remember MOST of the song, but would like verification. What I'd really like is to find sheet music or an old record... well, I can hope. Anyway, here's what I remember of the lyrics:
When the Lord comes a-knock, knock, knockin' at your door, will you be ready to let Him in?
Is your house in order, are you all "prayed up," or is it cluttered all over with sin?
Make ev'rything right with your neigbor, live peaceably with all your kin...
So when th Lord comes a-knock, knock, knockin' at your door, you can say, "come in."
Repent, all ye sinners! Doncha know it's not too late? The Good Lord is merciful, and confession isn't out of date.
These phases were repeated a couple of times, but I belive there were a few more lines I can't remember. Anyone out there old enough to remember?
....Don R.
When The Lord Comes Knockin' ...by Ralph Carmichael?
-
BurbankPast
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:09 am
- Contact:
-
Guest
When The Lord Comes Knockin' ...by Ralph Carmichael?
This is me again, (Burbankd Past) remembering a little more. On the last repeat of the original theme it goes"
Make ev'rything right with your neighbor, live peaceably with all your kin...
"Cause brother let me clue ya, there'll be no hallelujah if
you're not ready for The Lord, Good Lord,
Repent all ye sinners......(etc.)
Make ev'rything right with your neighbor, live peaceably with all your kin...
"Cause brother let me clue ya, there'll be no hallelujah if
you're not ready for The Lord, Good Lord,
Repent all ye sinners......(etc.)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Amazon [Bot], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 97 guests
