I Touched the Heart of Gd in Prayer

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Ozgal
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:12 pm
Contact:

I Touched the Heart of Gd in Prayer

Post by Ozgal » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Looking for lyrics andmusic to John W Peterson's I Touched the Heart of God in Prayer.
steve
Site Admin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 am
Contact:

I Touched the Heart of Gd in Prayer

Post by steve » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:04 am

Hi Ozgal,

Here are the lyrics, transcribed as best as I could hear them...

1.
When I was burdened down with care,
I knelt with God apart;
I stretched my hands to hear Him there,
And touched his loving heart.

Chorus
I touched the heart of God in prayer,
I lingered in His presence there,
I lost my heavy load of care,
When in prayer I touched the heart of God.

2.
He never turns a deafened ear,
Nor bids me go away;
But stoops my slightest toward (?) to hear,
That's why I love to pray.

3.
His heart is love and tenderness,
He feels the pain we feel;
He waits the needy heart to bless,
His touch can save and heal.

According to Hymnary, the song appears in this book, but I can't confirm this.

Hope it helps! Thanks!
Steve
judy

Re: I Touched the Heart of Gd in Prayer

Post by judy » Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:40 am

1 When I was burdened down with care
I knelt with God apart,
I stretched my hands to Him in prayer
And touched His loving heart.

Refrain:
I touched the heart of God in prayer,
I lingered in His presence there,
I lost my heavy load of care—
When in prayer I touched the heart of God.

2 He never turns a deafened ear
Nor bids me go away,
But stoops my slightest word to hear—
That’s why I love to pray. [Chorus]

3 His heart is love and tenderness,
He feels the pain we feel;
He waits the needy heart to bless—
His touch can save and heal. [Chorus]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 94 guests