These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
isingforhim
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:29 am
Contact:

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by isingforhim » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm trying to help out a friend.I'm not sure of the title but this is part of the verse or chorus,"These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God" Can anybody help?
Guest

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:38 am

The title is simply, These Hands.
Here is the full song.

These Hands

There are many things in life that I cannot understand
But the good Lord knows the labours of these two hard working hands of mine
And when all my toil is ended and I'm laid beneath the sod
Then these hands of mine will touch the hands of God



Chorus
There'll be a welcome there for me far beyond that crystal sea
I'll hold the hands that calvary's nails have scarred
Then I'll enter through the gates, walk on streets as pure as gold
Then these hands of mine will touch the hands of God



Many times these hands have failed Him but he's kept me by His grace
Even though sometimes in kindness he's applied the chastening rod
but I'm going home in glory just to see his smiling face
Then these hands of mine will touch the hands of God

Chorus

Then I'll enter through the gates, walk on streets as pure as gold
Then these hands of mine will touch the hands of God
Guest

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:39 am

The name is These Hands of Mine Shall Touch the Hand of God. The words and music is found in the songbook "Country & Western Hymnal" by Fred Bock. Mine was copyrighted in 1972 and is a small spiral book. I have seen them in a large book.
Guest

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Thank you so much
Guest

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 am

My father was a pastor for 62 years, and sang with his guitar on some Sunday AM services. This song was a favorite of mine. He had a tenor voice (untrained) and sang the verses while two ladies accompanied him on the chorus. It is truly a moving song when used in this manner.

Just a personal note to your inquiry.
Guest

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:16 pm

I sang this song as my solo when I travelled with a singing group "Tribute" in the early 1970"s. It remains a favourite of mine. I have the words and music here, but don't know where I last put the little book.

You have mis-quoted a line - It should read
"Walk on streets the saints have trod" and NOT "pure as gold." as you wrote.
The line is intended to rhyme with "Hands of God"
Guest

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 pm

According to The Oak Ridge Boys' version of it on amazon.com, the title is "These Hands of Mine".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KO ... UTF8&psc=1
Guest

These hands of mine shall touch the hand of God

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Here's the lyrics to the Oak Ridge Boys' version of These Hands of Mine

There are many things in life that I cannot understand
Yet the good Lord's blessed the labor of these two hard working hands
And when all my toil is over, and I'm laid beneath the sod
Then these hands of mine shall touch the hands of God.

Many times these hands have failed Him, but He's kept me by His grace
Even though sometimes in kindness, He's applied the chastening rod
But I'm going home tomorrow, and I'll see Him face to face
Then these hands of mine shall touch the hand of God.

Chorus
There'll be a welcome there for me far beyond the Crystal Sea
And I'll hold the hands that Calvary's nails have scarred
Then I'll enter through the gates, walk on streets the saints have trod
Then these hands of mine shall touch the hand of God
Then these hands of mine shall touch the hand of God
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot] and 40 guests