He Prayed

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Lost_today
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:23 pm
Contact:

He Prayed

Post by Lost_today » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 pm

I need help. I can not remeber much of this song. all I know is:

"He prayed, he prayed"
"He went up on the Mountain and prayed"

I am almost sure the song is called "He prayed"
If you know the words please tell me.
livingbyfaith
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:46 am
Contact:

He Prayed

Post by livingbyfaith » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Hope this is it...

He Prayed

Verse 1
Jesus went upon the mountain that He might commune with God.
He prayed, He prayed
On the hills of old Jedea which my blessed Savior trod
He prayed, He prayed

Chorus
He prayed, He prayed,
Jesus prayed unto the Father every day;
From the manger to the cross, not a moment's time was lost
Jesus prayed unto the Father all the way.

Verse 2
All alone while in the garden where he sweat great drops of blood,
He prayed, He prayed
Not my will but Thine be done, my Father, was His prayer to God
He prayed, He prayed

Repeat Chorus

Verse 3
When upon the cross of Calv'ry in His agony and pain,
He prayed, He prayed
That the Father might forgive them whom, the son of God, had slain
He prayed, He prayed

Repeat Chorus


I pray this is the one you were looking for and I could be of some help. God Bless!
Guest

He Prayed

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Heavenly Highway Hymns No 4 is He Prayed (same as above) Copyright 1923 by J.M. Henson owned by R.E.Winsett another name on here to the left says E.M. Bartlett
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 49 guests