Need lyrics to song, "I am a Christian"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
crh1201

Post by crh1201 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:10 pm

I think some of the song goes..."I am a Christian, I am God's soldier, fighting in an army that has never lost a war" Please help!!!

Post by Guest » Sun May 16, 2010 5:48 am

I think this is the same song that I am looking for. I remember most of the words in the chorus as:
"I am a Christian, I am God's soldier, fighting in an army that never will fail,
"I am a Christian, a Bible believer. You can criticise,___________ tell me I'm dead wrong.
"I am a Christian and God's army is still going strong.
ksilver

Post by ksilver » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Verse One:

Stephen stood with hands tied as rocks pierced his flesh. He died for proclaiming Jesus, ole' Stephen stood the test. Then there's Matthew, and there's Peter, martyred for sharing Christ. The enemy's tried to defeat us, but they'll never hurt the Bride.

Chorus:
I am a Christian, I am God's soldier, fighting in an army that never will fail,
I am a Christian, a Bible believer. You may critisize, laugh, or pry or tell me I'm dead wrong.
I am a Christian and God's army is still going strong.

Verse Two:

For years they tried to tear the walls of this church down, but faithful men and women have built on higher ground. And today you're not popular if you try to live for Christ, you can have your popularity, but please just give me Christ.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:

You can count me in for prayer in schools and against aborting kids. Just put me in on God's side, cause God's side's gonna win!

Repeat Chorus 2x's

Tag:
I am a Christian and God's army is still going strong"¦ Going Strong!

Post by Guest » Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 am

I have been looking for this thanks