Please Help!!!Ruppee sister sang it??????

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Guest

Please Help!!!Ruppee sister sang it??????

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 pm

I have the song Under His Wings, but I have heard of a another verse, but I cant find it! It's the under his wings that's starts with My way was filled with danger. I felt alone. The enemy had singled me. Out to do me harm..I have that verse and the one with being out in the storm....The Ruppee sisters sang it with an extra verse that ended with Aware that I'm under my lords wings! Can anyone help with the third verse???? Please!
angelwings
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 3:33 pm
Contact:

Please Help!!!Ruppee sister sang it??????

Post by angelwings » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 pm

you can go to utube type in under his wings by the ruppes you will find the song. very good song to learn. never heard it before.
gwmurray
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 pm
Contact:

Please Help!!!Ruppee sister sang it??????

Post by gwmurray » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 pm

My way was filled with danger, I felt alone
the enemy had singled me out to do me harm,
and when he drew near, my heart filled with fear
then I heard someone near(dear) calling me to his side...

and I ran under his wing... There he covered me, and now I can see...

and the enemy still looks for me,
but what he can't see is that I'm under my Lord's wings

Under his wings....

Thunder rolls dark clouds hung low, i was out in a storm
shivering from the coldness there, no safe retreat from harm
and there were strong winds would this be my end
then I heard my friend calling me to his side

and I ran under his wing... There he covered me, and now I can see...

and the storm still rages, but in the rock of ages
I'm resting warmly here under my Lord's wings

and I ran under his wing... There he covered me, and now I can see...

Under his wings, under his wings
who from his love, can sever
under his wings, my soul shall abide
safely abide, forever...

God be praised I love that song!!!
Guest

Please Help!!!Ruppee sister sang it??????

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:02 am

The words above is the version that the Ruppes sang. It doesn't include the "missing" verse that they had to cut, years ago, and the Sisters added back in.

There are a couple of words that aren't as they were originally written but I feel that I need to point out the the chorus says "now I can sing" not "now I can see".

The third verse says.....
Nighttime came, the shadows fell, I could not find my way. The terrors of the night took hold and I yearned for break of day. Then He saw my plight and, out in the night, He shined his light and He called me to His side.
And I ran under His wings. There he covered and now I can sing. And the night's still there, but why should I care, when I am made aware that I am Under my Lord's wings?

My aunt Wilma wrote it. She has blessed SO many with her songs! I wish more where recorded so they could reach people outside of her "bubble".
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 45 guests