Words to Lighthouse on a Hilltop

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
tstinnett

Post by tstinnett » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 pm

I would love to find these words again. I have lost lots of songs during a move.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Is this what you are looking for?

verse1-Theirs a lighthouse on the hillside that overlooks lifes sea. When I'm tossed it sends out a light that I might see. And the light that shines in darkness now will safely lead me home. If it wasn't for that lighthouse my ship would sail no more.

verse2-Everybody that lives around us says why don't you tare that old lighthouse down. The big ships they don't sail this way anymore and theirs no use in it standing round. But my mind goes back to that stormy night wen just in time I saw the light. It was the light from that old lighthouse and it stands way up on a hill.

chorus:And I thank God for the lighthouse I owe my life to Him. Jesus is the lighthouse and from the rocks of sin. He has shown the light around me that I might clearly see. If it wasn't for the lighthouse where would this ship be?

I hope this is it and it helps! God bless!
tstinnett

Post by tstinnett » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 pm

That is it. Thank you very much. God bless you.