Mckamey's - Amazing Grace with Recitation

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 am

My great aunt has been searching for the lyrics to the recitation part of this song for over a year now, can anyone help me with it? It talks about a young man who was on his way home or something like that.

Thanks!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm sure you probably already have these lyrics by now, but hopefully they'll be a blessing to somebody. this is how it was on a youtube video by the stone family but the mckameys had it in a bit different order, i believe.

in the beginning, someone sings the first line of amazing grace, then the recitation is as follows as someone continues to softly play (or hum) the tune.

In a southern seminary, a young man studying the Word of God, was given an assignment. And this assignment for the following day would be to stand in front of the class and to define the word, 'Grace." Thisyoung man had been saved by God's grace, but he felt he didn't have the words to describe just exactly what it was, so the young man went to his father and he said, 'Father, tomorrow, I must stand in front of the class and define the word grace, and he said, father, can you help me? and his father said, son, its been a long time since He saved me by his grace but he said, son, there's only one thing that I can tell you, and here's what his father said,

"complete first verse of amazing grace.

Hearing all that his father had to say, the young boy was not satisfied with his answer, so naturally, he went to his mother and he said, tomorrow, i must stand in front of the class, and i must define the word grace. mother, just what is the meaning of the word grace. and that mother looked at her son thru tear dimmed eyes and she said, son its by His grace that i taught you to be the man that you are today, and she said, theres only one thing that i can tell you and here's what the mother had to say.

sing second verse of amazing grace

the following day, this young man returned to class and the professor asked him to stand and he said, 'define the word grace, and it was then that young man rose to his feet with the Spirit of the Lord in his heart, and he said, yes sir, today i know exactly what the meaning of grace really is, and he said, sir, this is all i know to tell you. and here's what the young man said:

sing third verse

It was at that time that everyone in that class stood to their feet and they helped that young man sing that last verse:

sing last verse of amazing grace...

sorry for the punctuation and grammatical errors. i started off trying to write it exactly right, but gave up.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Thank you!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:05 am

Amazing Grace ( recitation)
Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now i see
(recite)
A telephone operator