John Peterson's "At Calvary"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
MomGodin

Post by MomGodin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 am

I'm looking for the words to Peterson's "At Calvary". Does anyone know what book it is in? I used to have the book...but I lost it!
The tune is in my head, but I can't remember the words.

"....But he did it all for me
At Calvary..."

Thanks! and, Glad to see ppl still love good music!
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi MomGodin,
I am still researching this for you.
Hopefully we can find the book & lyrics
Check back next week
songinmyheart

PS If you can remember anything else
to help locate the info, let us know
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 pm

I contacted John W. Peterson Music and this is their reply
I hope this is helpful ...

--- On Mon, 4/22/13, John W. Peterson Music wrote:

Subject: At Calvary

I'm not sure what book you had, but it very likely is no longer in print. The song, AT CALVARY, is an old public domain hymn and included in many hymnals, so it might be very easy for you to find. The only thing we have is a copyrighted choir arrangement of that song. If this is anything you might be interested in, all of our print music is now available on an "as-ordered" basis. We can e-mail you a pdf digital copy of this song. The price is $1.50 for the master (includes permission to print one hard copy) - and a licensing fee of $0.85 for each additional copy made.

Should you decide to place an order, you may send your check or money order made payable to John W. Peterson Music Company to the address below. Or, even though we are not set up to process direct credit card payments, we can accept online PayPal payments (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or eCheck). If you choose to use PayPal, you may send your payment to our [email protected] e-mail address - using the "Send Money" tab in your PayPal account..

If you do not have a PayPal account, we can e-mail you a PayPal Invoice. After receiving the invoice, you can make an online credit card payment even though you do not have a PayPal account.
--
Tom Catzere
John W. Peterson Music
6501 E. Greenway Parkway
Suite 103-435
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
www.johnwpetersonmusic.com

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Thinking the name of the song Mom Godin is looking for is not titled "At Calvary".

Seems to me like JWP Music was confused because they never heard of that title by JWP and are referring to the "At Calvary" with the lines (from memory) "Mercy there was great and grace was free. Pardon there was multiplied for me. There my burdened soul found liberty... At Calvary"

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:58 pm

Thinking song is actually titled "Calvary". I've seen lyrics to different "Calvary"s on the web and they all seem to have the line "he did it all for me" But none say they are written by Peterson. Still looking thru my collection..
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 am

Yes. I found a few like this one

There's a place I always see in my dreams
I recognize this place It's Calvary
They don't notice that I'm here
No one stops to look or stare
As I look upon the hill
I see something so unreal
I see my Savior Nailed to the cross
He did it all for me Right here at Calvary

They pierced him in his side
Blood was pouring in his eyes
There was weeping at his feet
I fell and worshiped on my knees at Calvary
I see my Savior Nailed to the cross
He did it all for me Right here at Calvary

He didn't have to die
Could have called angels to his side
To carry him away But he decided to stay at Calvary
MomGodin

Post by MomGodin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 am

Thanks a bunch, Y'all!!
Okay. My mother says it may not be by JWP. It may be in one of her Easter Choir books from the 50-60's. It will take me a couple hours to go thru them, bcz I'll have to sing every good old song I recognize!

I don't know who it would be by. Those books are by guys like Alftred B. Smith, DeCou and Dick Anthony. Too bad I can't sing it for you! La la la laaaaa!

I'll let you know what I find.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 am

J W Peterson did write a "Calvary". Just haven't found it anywhere. Will be interesting to find out who did write the melody in your head.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Asked John W. Peterson Music which book I might find "Calvary" in. This was their reply:

Calvary .... was in the Singspiration Annual #6; Miracle Melodies #8; and John W. Peterson Favorites - Low Voice.
MomGodin

Post by MomGodin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:38 am

OOOooo!! Those are some good leads! It narrows my search down. I went to mom's last night and she. had. to. sing. EVERY. song. Lol! And so of course I had to sing alto for her. That made her happy, but didn't help me find my song.

Ya know, I wanna tell y'all why I want that song so bad. In '09 I had our last baby girl, Charlotte Danielle. They took her from me immediately, to take her to the premie unit an hour away.. I remained in the hospital, recovering, with that tune in my head, constantly. Finally I said to the Lord, "I get it! You suffered! What are you trying to tell me regarding Charlotte?" and it dawned on me. He provided for Charlottes need before she was born! Then I realized he was going to take care of her. That helped prepare me for when he took her home to heaven, because it was a great comfort. It is so hard to be helpless to help your own child. But God is good and knew I needed to know that he had already thought of her needs.
Someday I will tell the saints and angels as I lay my burdens down, Jesus led me all the way.